Friday, December 29, 2006

Communities

The weekend is nearly here. I wanted to leave a couple of links in hopes of stimulating further creative and imaginitive thinking about Christian living.

These links reference a couple of Christian communities. They are examples of the radical, counter-cultural steps some have taken in an effort to be faithful to Christ's call. I am not advocating for either group. Frankly, they are simply what surfaced in a quick search.

Northumbria Community

Bruderhof Community

What are your thoughts? Could you ever see yourself living in such a manner?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment, Peter. I assumed you had some connection to Northumbria because I picked up the link from your blog.

I enjoy reading about communities like these, they exemplify a whole-hearted breakaway from the confines of the dominant culture.

I find these folks to be inspiring, not that I am thinking of taking this path, but I want to see my life ordered differently.